If anyone needs a good book to read, i really recomment 'The Road' by Jack Kerouac.

I have only just started making my way through a large pile of American literature, and i love the american dream theme running through many of them; the sense of adventure, and need to live an exciting and fulfilled life is overwhelmingly uplifting compared to the safe, s'tay-at-home eating pie and drinking hearty ale' feeling, that many English novels seem to centre around.

This novel, and the last i read, 'POPism' by andy warhol, both make me wish I were part of a great movement, but nothing much exciting seems to be happening these days, i wonder if in the future people will say, 'what was it like to be part of the i-pod, or facebook generation?' as they zip around in their space cars. one day soon i WILL get off facebook and go in search of something new, if only it were made easy and the beat movement was now, or i had a full tank of petrol and somewhere fun to go.

Anyone want to embark on an adventure? I'm in desperate need of some inceredibly inspirational fun, so that later in life I don't remember my youth as being spent thinking, not doing.