The Kind Life.


With Lent coming up, (starting next Wed) I've been thinking about things I can/ can't live without, or things i indulge too much in.  (Last year, I gave up crisps and houmous, and spent the whole 40 days and 40 nights longing for salt and that immediate satisfaction received from the beautiful crunch of a sea salt and cracked black pepper Kettle Chip- so much so, that i seem to remember having a moment of crazed deprivement, in which i dipped my hand in the bag before licking the salt and flavouring off my fingers...that doesn't quite count as cheating right?!)
However, this was surprisingly unchallenging, and not as hard as i expected, perhaps i have more will power than i thought, or perhaps, i don't need some of the things i really think i can't live without.
So in the light of this, i will be challenging myself to two weeks of Veganism, (beginning when all the dairy products in my fridge-and trust me, theres a hell of a lot of cheese and yoghurt in there, has all been finished.)
I dont expect to remain a vegan forever, I think i'd end up spending an absurd amount on spray tans, but i'm interested in seeing why it is that people take on this seemingly large dietry restriction, and what difference will it make to my health, mentally, physically etc.  I'm actually pretty excited about this, or just trying it..something new to focus on etc.
I will be taking tips from Alicia Silverstone at http://www.thekindlife.com/
Wish me luck, and watch this space to see how i'm getting on!