Veganism. Day 2.

2nd March 2010

I am beginning to enjoy this diet. (I am reluctant to call it a diet however, as I have not cut back on eating AT ALL!)  Last night was the first night in a long time I didnt go to bed feeling too full, or like my tummy was bulging with unnecessary sugary snacks, which I know I only eat for comfort - rarely do they ever keep me happy for more than 5 minutes. (however, those 5 minutes I do admit are spent in delirium, and at the time are TOTALLY worth it!)  Maybe it's because it's Spring and the sun is shining and I actually felt warm on my way to uni this morning, or maybe it is this healthy feeling (Porridge, Bananas and Lemsip for Breakfast - I WILL shift this flu bug in no time!) but for the first time in a few weeks I have woken up energised and feeling proactive. (I realise that's ridiculous after only one day of healthy eating. so therefore it must be the weather. but whatever - I'm feeling good!) And as I sit in the Library, armed with this weeks novel (Orlando - Virginia Woolf) and a Soya and Linseed bread sandwich (salad, houmous and falafel filling) with an orange for pudding, I feel ever so slightly smug and happy with myself.   In your face philadelphia and dairy milk - I can do this!

Evening:  2 trays of roasted vegetables later, i'm set for the week. i'm sure that after this the sight of another roast vegetable will send me shivering to bed with fear and contempt. but for now, bring them on! I've discovered fruit tea is definately the way forward. I havn't had a single drop, teaspoon lick, smell, of caffeine today, for what must be the first day in years, and i've made it wide awake to 12am and still going strong. theres much more to be said for this fruit'n'veg lark than people think.

Tomorrow I am going out for lunch. I couldn't bear to turn down being taking out for lunch not even as a true patriot to my cause. So for the sake of being honest with others, and therefore with myself, i believe the veganism will have to go on a short hiatus, I just don't want to look picky. or as my housemate suggested, 'a cheap date' - I'm going for the lobster!